Industry example: Information- and Communication Technology
- Topic: Customized international LMS (Learning Management System)
- Industry: ICT (Information- and Communication Technology)
- Client: Premium smartphone manufacturer
- Target group: Smartphone retailers
The smartphone industry is among the fastest in the world. There are only few other industry sectors that have such short product cycles and that face such strong competition. This is why it is even more important for manufacturers to train their retailers optimally on the latest developments – promptly and worldwide. Our client is one of the most well-known premium brands in the smartphone market. Therefore, high demands are made on the quality of their e-learning solutions: the objective is to the offer the best e-learning in the industry, localized in over 25 countries and languages.
The following applies to the smartphone industry as well as to other sectors: participating in e-learnings is voluntary for most retailers. Consequently, the most important objective is designing portals and training courses in such ways as to inspire and appeal to retailers and make them want to come back regurlarly. How can this be achieved?
- Customized LMS for self-motivated learning
- Full Responsive Design: suitable for desktop, tablet and smartphone
- Edutainment: exciting and entertaining presentation of products and features
- Benefit first: focus on customer benefits as a selling advantage for the retailer
The LMS has been customized for the benefits of retailers. hydra launched its first version in 2007 with ongoing updates and enhancements. At the same time, hydra developed more than 100 courses for the portal.
- Intuitive, full responsive design
- Perfect presentation of the premium brand and products
- Reward system with various tests, incentives and certificates
- Various formats of motivating e-learning: product courses, sales competitions, learning experiences (storytelling), qualification campaigns, and more
- Mobile learning for self-study and demonstration at the POS
- Sales support
- Motivating learning experiences with high voluntary usage
- Globally managed learning targets
- Adjustable for the local requirements of markets
- Fast, cost-effective localization workflow
- CMS for easy content administration
Mobile learning: the app
A highlight of the LMS is the associated mobile learning app. It not only provides all the relevant product information, demos and videos. It also includes special mobile e-learning courses, which are widely used. They are available both online and offline. The app in numbers: *
- About 800,000 downloads
- Top 2% app in the field of education
- 22 country versions in 15 languages
- Rating: 4.21 out of 5
* According to appbrain, only 4% of the educational apps have more than 50.000 Downloads (October 2014). (http://www.appbrain.com/stats/android-market-app-categories)
High usage by retailers and very good test results speak for themselves. In Germany, for example, our customer was rated first for their education measures in a survey of “Telecom Handel”. But for us, the most important fact is that our e-learning solutions correlate well with the positive results achieved in mystery shopping.
hydra has been successfully supporting our retailer communications for many years. They address the needs of our retailers and get them involved. (…) The result? Our retailers are impressed – as was the jury of the iF-Award!
Localization via partner
The objective is to have cost-efficient and fast translations in 25+ languages. In top quality and with consistent content.
To achieve this, we work in close cooperation with our translation partner smartspokes
We are happy to show you more of the potential of our international e-learning portals. Simply email us: